Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Questions For Kevin (Read 38840 times)
Out
Idlewoodarian

Pi ²

Re: Questions For Kevin
Reply #15 - 04/01/09 at 16:00:23

For the amount of songs you're written and the amount of songs you've released (http://luckyprick.net/songs.php?band=Lucky+Pierre) there is a large divide.  What is the reason for your, if I may, reluctance to release music?
Derek

Email   IP Logged
Jay
Birdman

salright

Reply #16 - 04/07/09 at 09:54:24

1. Hi Kevin, you seem to make under the radar appearances on quite a few albums. Most of the ones your online fanbase have come across make sense being from certain people or maybe a certain frame of time but there seem to be exceptions. Is there anything you would like to admit having a hand in lately or have you just been playing around by your lonesome or in some non-musical state?

2. Going back to the "exceptions" of the first question. Is there any actual story as to why Becky Barksdale chose two songs that are credited to you on her albums? The Texas blues circuit is kind of an odd place for your name to pop up from what we know. How about Rachel Haden and Rae Di Leo, was that just brought on by auditions and location?

I have others but I need to get to work so I'll update it later.

Email notjaysbestname notjaysbestname   IP Logged
AVENPITCH
luckyPRICK Moderator

I'd hit that!

Reply #17 - 06/29/09 at 16:11:35

How did you decide what Lucky Pierre tracks made the Lucky Pierre compilation?  Will there be a Volume 2 at some point?

Why resequence ThinKing and drop the "LuckyPierre" moniker?

What's with the gaps in the numbering system?  LPM001, LPM002, ---, LPM004, LPM005, LPM006, LPM007, ---, LPM009

WWW   IP Logged
Abnormal Freak
Idlewoodarian

Swankster

Reply #18 - 06/29/09 at 16:31:52

On the website it still lists ThinKing as a Lucky Pierre album, on this page and also the individual page for the CD.

Another question for Kevin: What do you plan for the future of purchasable downloads on luckypierremusic.com? Seeing that you're offering individual tracks from the new Lucky Pierre compilation in high quality makes me hope you'll release rare, unreleased tracks, too. Preferably, I'd like to have these in a CD compilation (most preferred) or an album download, but having them offered up track-by-track as they're finished or made available would be cool, too--if feasible.

no sleep. can't sleep. i'm full of apathy.
Kriztoffer Swank   IP Logged
Perka
Idlewoodarian

Kind of a big deal.

Reply #19 - 07/22/09 at 13:00:35

When listening to different recordings and live performances of some of your songs, the lyrics sometimes changes. Could you talk a little about that please?

I know people who are very annoyed about that sort of thing but I don't have a problem with it. Even if words change the sound doesn't and the melody doesn't have to either. After all, they're your songs and noone has the right to question how you sing them. I'm just curious as to what brings about the changes, is it a spur of the moment kind of thing or a conscious attempt to convey a thought/emotion in a different way or a different thought/emotion altogether?

Sidenote: I'm Swedish so English isn't my native language. Not only do I have to get my thoughts down on paper, I have to translate them too, so please forgive me if I sound vague or incoherent. I hope my questions make sense.

P.S
LOVE the new releases, keep 'em coming and I'll keep buying 'em!
D.S

Email Perka   IP Logged
Rob
luckyPRICK Admin

Crack That Mirror!

Reply #20 - 08/10/09 at 12:57:21

Keep the questions coming, guys. With the new CDs out there and in the fans hands, there must be some questiosn that have yet to be asked.

Also, we've NOT forgotten about the Interview. We're just waiting for a go ahead on Part 2. As soon as we have the OK, we'll post what they send over to us.

"See a view through the keyhole to tu-tu lace, where they make over years!"
Email WWW phogwilde   IP Logged
Wspiral
Idlewoodarian

tear it down

Reply #21 - 08/25/09 at 20:00:56

Thanks for making great music. I hate to be the asshole to ask this question. But, do you plan on releasing any new/ current music in the near future?

Email   IP Logged
Nameless Person
Chilly Willy

Somewhat special

Reply #22 - 08/26/09 at 03:30:56

^How does asking for more releases make you an asshole? It should show Kevin that interest in more material exists and, if anything, he should consider it a compliment.

This would also be my question, by the way. How about the rest of the Lucky Pierre material that remains unavailable?

I find your preposterous pretentious prattle perplexing.
  IP Logged
P. Barbieri
Idlewoodarian

Reply #23 - 09/03/09 at 17:34:25

(The first questions has been asked already, but I felt like going a bit deeper with it. If you guys think it's too big but decide for it, you can just take the first paragraph.)

1) What can you tell us about the new tracklist order on ThinKing? Does it reflects a new approach (or even: understanding) on the whole thematic and somehow you thought it articuled better with how you consider it from your nowadays perspective and take on life? Or maybe you just thought it sounded better this way, without any compromise towards concepts or any chronological aspects.  
Since I try to delve into most albums concepts (if they don't have one, I establish one: like an encounter between self and author through art), I never thought the songs to be interchangeable, chronogically that is. That's why I'm interested in this basically. Hope you don't find it to be pure pedantry on my part.
I haven't heard the re-release as of yet (though I have ordered), but just imagining She Wasn't Good into Beggining into Automatic, to me at least, gives an entire new meaning (and makes a lot more sense, actually).
(Actually, this is something we've already seen. The Prick Promo CS had different tracklist order from the actual debut. Maybe it was a different issue, but I thought it was something interesting to bring up.)
All things considered, I'd like to know if there's any specific reason behind this tracklist changes.

2) Any non-McMahon/Lucky Pierre-related acts that you've been listening to a lot lately and would like to share? Besides music, do you have any other artistic interests?

Email   IP Logged
AVENPITCH
luckyPRICK Moderator

I'd hit that!

Reply #24 - 12/09/09 at 13:54:53

Regarding ThinKing...  

Who is Fred Maher and how did he get involved with him?  

Could you go into detail regarding the writing and recording of "Cloud" (that's an amazing track!)?

Thanks!

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print