Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Video Dead (Read 4156 times)
Nameless Person
Chilly Willy

Somewhat special

The Video Dead
01/09/11 at 17:19:03

Has anyone here ever watched this movie? Info: Lucky Prick, IMDB.

I mention this here because, as you might be aware, Kevin did some soundtrack work for this movie.

I just watched it last night and I must say it's pretty damn funny. It's apparently meant to be a serious horror movie but the acting is so bad, it had me rolling on the floor with laughter instead of being scared at any time. I was rooting for the (hilarious looking) zombies all the way through. It's good campy (not to mention gory) fun.

It's too bad no soundtrack album was released. There are some snippets of Kevin songs in the movie and I liked what I heard. Maybe we'll hear more on a future Lucky Pierre compilation CD?

I find your preposterous pretentious prattle perplexing.
  IP Logged
Abnormal Freak
Idlewoodarian

Swankster

Re: The Video Dead
Reply #1 - 02/09/11 at 23:50:08

Wow, so it really was the Lucky Pierre/Prick Kevin? I saw the name in the opening credits but thought, "NAH! It couldn't be him."

Pretty good movie. Would be neat for it to get a DVD or Blu-ray release. Maybe if it gets picked up by the right company, they'd give it some special treatment, like a limited edition with a soundtrack CD packed in. :p

no sleep. can't sleep. i'm full of apathy.
Kriztoffer Swank   IP Logged
Caspar
luckyPRICK Admin

prick

Reply #2 - 02/10/11 at 19:14:22

yeah, i've never seen this but would absolutely love to. pretty sure rob's watched it.

but oh how these pointless existences are
Email WWW   IP Logged
Rob
luckyPRICK Admin

Crack That Mirror!

Reply #3 - 02/17/11 at 15:14:50

I have a Bootleg DVD of it, although I think there may be an official DVD release now.

From what I understand, Kevin did the main piano themes which are collectively called "Spiderwalk". He also wrote a song called "Dizzy Tonite" which featured Deborah Iyall of Romeo Void fame on vocals. Sadly, "Dizzy Tonite" is featured in the movie for maybe 12 seconds... I think we barely get any vocal whatsoever. That would be a great track to unearth, but I haven't the slightest idea how one would come across it, save from getting it from Kevin himself.

"See a view through the keyhole to tu-tu lace, where they make over years!"
Email WWW phogwilde   IP Logged
Jay
Birdman

salright

Reply #4 - 02/20/11 at 10:29:58

I've actually seen a single of Dizzy Tonite on Ebay a few times. Had I known it was still missing from the collective works of this site, I would've snapped it up. It's out there.

There's a version of The Video Dead streamable from Netflix and one of the Video On Demand companies. I did search out some information about it when I found this out and apparently it's exclusive to MGM(recalling correctly?), with still no DVD currently available. Apparently the streaming versions are cleaned up considerably too! Check it out!

fun flick

Email notjaysbestname notjaysbestname   IP Logged
Abnormal Freak
Idlewoodarian

Swankster

Reply #5 - 03/10/11 at 21:17:13

Yeah, Netflix and some other service are the only ways to see the flick in widescreen. I'd been wanting to see it for a year or something, then I saw it on Netflix Instant and was quite surprised. Better than watching a VHS rip on YouTube, which is what I was going to do. :p

It's a pretty fun, comical flick.

no sleep. can't sleep. i'm full of apathy.
Kriztoffer Swank   IP Logged
Rob
luckyPRICK Admin

Crack That Mirror!

Reply #6 - 10/04/11 at 14:22:59

Quote:
I've actually seen a single of Dizzy Tonite on Ebay a few times. Had I known it was still missing from the collective works of this site, I would've snapped it up. It's out there.

I just noticed this now. Clearly, I'm on the hunt (not that I wasn't before).

"See a view through the keyhole to tu-tu lace, where they make over years!"
Email WWW phogwilde   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print